9.11.2009

10 years

Today is the anniversary of 10 years being married to my incredible husband. There have been tough times and wonderful times. But I wouldn't change any of it.

Ten years ago today, I stood in front of all our friends and family and swore to love, honor, and cherish him for the rest of my life. No one could have told me that I could possibly love him more than I did on that day. I was full of excitement for the new life we would share together and for what was to come. My heart was filled with joy.

As I think back to our wedding day, I have to go through everything that has happened in the past 10 years and realize how foolish I was to think I couldn't love him more. He has supported me in everything I've wanted to do. All the crazy ideas. Constantly wanting to paint something a different color. The quitting my steady, paying job to open a photo studio. Helping me at weddings and portrait sessiosn when I know he would rather be somewhere else but never complaining. He has pushed me to step out of my comfort zone on more than one occasion to do things I never would have even thought about doing.

And now as the father of our child, I see him in an even different way. He is the most amazing father and patient man. Making me love him more and more daily. Don't get me wrong, it has not been all a romantic dream. Marriage is work, but for every tough moment, there are two amazing moments, making it all worth it.

To Trey: Thank you for loving me in spite of me, always looking over my mistakes. You are the most wonderful husband, the best father to our son, amazing man and pastor that I could have asked for. Thank you for falling in love with me. I am and always will be smitten!! I love you.

Happy Anniversary.

7 comments:

April Curtis 9:02 AM  

Oh Angie....I can't believe it has been 10 years! I just cried when I read your post. That is soooo sweet and Trey will surely love it too!!!! I am sooo happy for you guys....I remember when you met Trey...Gosh the memories!!! :) Congrats on a great 10 years!!!!

Rachel Baby 11:31 AM  

Happy anniversary! A beautiful day! :)

Anonymous 7:11 PM  

Happy Anniversary Angie...I thought about ya'll today. 10 years! That is great! Your blog made me cry...so sweet...God Bless you Both!

Julie Smith

Sinclair Photography 4:41 PM  

Congrats on the awesome milestone!! You guys are the best!! :)

Unknown 7:42 PM  

I remember that day too!!!! (: This is the most reassuring blog ever, b/c it gives me hope that marriage can last forever! But then again, yours was the only marriage I didn't put a time limit on!!! I love ya sis!!! Thanks for having a marriage that gives me something to look forward to!

Tabetha 11:17 AM  

Congratulation Angie. Trey is a very lucky man to have such a wonderful partner.

Nina 3:21 PM  

Awww!!!! Angie - how sweet of you to post this! You actually made a tear drop! I am at work! No time for crying! :) Trey is a very lucky man to have a lady like you and you are just as lucky to have my big bro! I love you both!! Happy (late) anniversary!!!! xoxoxoxo

Nina